Areas of Expertise
Research/ Production Areas: The Culture Industry, Dramaturgy
Teaching Areas: Cinema History, Critical Theory, Dramaturgy
Education & Training
- Ph.D., University of Virginia
- M.A., Humboldt State University
- B.A., University of California - Los Angeles
What is the most important quality for any student in the performing arts to cultivate?
A sense of the history of their art; as well as the relation of their own work to this larger history.
What is the most satisfying or rewarding moment of your artistic process?
I enjoy doing research to support our productions with historical and critical contexts, textual analysis, and conceptual development. Collaborating with directors, performers, designers, and others, students as well as faculty, is most satisfying when it deepens our engagement with the works we produce, and with the audiences we serve.
Honors & Awards
- College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Certificate of Teaching Excellence
- Diggs Teaching Scholar Award