Areas of Expertise
Research/Production: Music Pedagogy and Techniques
Teaching Areas: Student Teaching
Education & Training
- Ed.D., Virginia Tech
- M.S., Radford University
- B.M., Western Kentucky State College
What gives you the most satisfaction as a teacher?
I receive the greatest satisfaction when student-teachers, interns and alumni apply the skills, lessons, and suggestions we offer to them. It is also satisfying to have them report to you that, 'yes, this does work!'
Who has influenced you?
All of my teachers in the arts have influenced what and how I teach.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Served as President of the Virginia Music Educators Association and the Virginia Band and Orchestra Directors Association
- Served as Secretary of the Virginia Alliance for Arts Education
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Roanoke Symphony Orchestra
Honors & Awards
- Received the Virginia Band and Orchestra Directors Association Philip J. Fuller Award
- First recipient of the Virginia Tech Distinguished Music Educator Award