Our music, theatre, and cinema graduates go into a wide range of jobs and areas of advanced studies, carrying with them the artistic skills and practices they gained while at Virginia Tech.
Theatre & Cinema
Many of our Theatre & Cinema graduates make their way in the professional art world, as actors, directors, technicians, cinematographers, or teachers in established companies or by even starting their own companies.
Some use the skills gained as arts practicioners to reach goals outside the arts, including law school, M.B.A. studies, digital media, and marketing. Below is just a small sampling of "where they are now."
- Coryn Carson ('13, double major with Communications) began her summer after graduation by successfully walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain. She now lives in New York and works at Samuel French, Inc.
- Felicia Fields ('13, performance option) has begun to work at Walt Disney World as a performer in Orlando, FL.
- Hannah Deloach ('12, cinema option) is living Los Angeles, CA, has her own photography company, and is doing freelance work in film and television.
- Matt Donnelly ('12, design/tech) is a freelance lighting technician in New York whose recent work includes New York Musical Theatre Festival and Signature Theatre.
Our music graduates are regularly accepted into leading graduate programs, perform professionally throughout the United States, and include some of the finest music educators in the Commonwealth of Virginia and mid-Atlantic region.
These links to some of our graduate's home pages provide a sampling of information.
- J. Scott McKenzie, composer/arranger/conductor
- Brian Nozny, percussionist and composer
- Kurtis Parks, songwriter/performer
- Peyden Shelton, trumpet
This recent feature story is yet another example.
Danielle Talamantes, '98, was featured in Virginia Tech magazine recognizing her singing career and her debut at New York City's Metropolitan Opera. Read the story, "Debuting on one of opera's biggest stages" in the spring 2014 issue.
And for all our marching band alumni -
The Marching Virginians Alumni Association
Virginia Tech Alumni Association
For news and information on the whole Hokie Nation -
Virginia Tech Alumni Resources