The Studio Theatre is a three-quarter thrust/modified proscenium space designed by Theatre faculty member Randy Ward.
The theatre is located on the 2nd floor of the Squires Student Center, 290 College Ave.
The theatre is an intimate space with a seating capacity 222.
The stage incorporates a trap below and hidden vomitoria surrounding it, providing flexible actor access around the stage area. A dismountable second level balcony is readily available for additional performance space.
Wheelchair seating is located in the rear of the house. The theatre is also equipped with a wireless assistive listening device system, which may be reserved through the Box Office for ticketed events.
- The Studio Theatre has a high circuit density lighting catwalk at 30' above stage level.
- There is a trap room 9' below stage level with a utility flooring system.
- Above the lighting catwalk there is a 4' square matrix of rigging points for chain hoist suspension of overhead scenic elements.
- A large control room overlooks the theatre and provides for all control functions.
- Lighting control distribution is dimmer per circuit (325 dimmers/circuits).
- Available consoles include ETC EOS and ETC ION. Lighting fixture inventory includes 400+ focusing units including ETC Source Four (various focal lengths), Arri Fresnels, Altman 360Q (various focal lengths), Altman PAR 64, L&E Cyc Lights, Altman Mini-Strips & Desisti HMI Fresnels.
- Movers include (2) ETC Revolutions and (4) VL 4000 Spot Luminaires.
- Projection equipment includes Pani BP-2 Incandescant (2) and Pani BP-1.2 HMI large format scenic projectors (2), Sanyo and Mitsubishi high-contrast video projectors (5) and (3) Christie 10K DLP Projectors. DMX controlled dousers and WATCHOUT Version 5 Presentation software with dedicated Shuttle computers.
- Velour masking, sky drops, scrims, and sky sized black and white RP screens are available stock.
- Tunnels connect from either side of the stage to a center vomitorium that can be converted to seating when not used in production.
- There are side house galleries that are used for performance that can connect to a system of dismountable galleries that can wrap around the entire stage at 12 feet above stage level. These galleries can be used as an entire unit or in individual sections.
- Sound support is via booth racks containing distribution, equalization and effects processing with Crown amplifiers.
- Sound mix is via an Allen & Heath Saber 32x8 mixing console. Playback is available in any traditional medium, or as digital data from computer.
- Speakers include options by JBL and Klipsch. Sound editing utilizes Digidesign hardware, ProTools 7.3 LE, and QLab run on Apple computers.
- Automation equipment includes an extensive collection of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, DC motors with chain stages, Arduinos and microcontrollers, a Creative Connors Revolver motor kit, and a Creative Connors Pushstick V2 scenery moving kit. In addition there is a small devoted Electro-Mechanical Laboratory for building and repairing equipment.