Student and Faculty Resources

Welcome to the Student and Faculty Resources section of our website. Here you will find useful forms, links, and information.

Are you a faculty or staff member in music? Log in to our internal resources area here
Faculty member Travel Estimate and Approval Form

Music Instrumental Library

Music Choral Library



All Areas

Timetable of Classes

University Course Catalog

VT Advising Handbook 18-19
   A useful student handbook for academic questions: includes university policies, grades and processes, campus resources, and a handy glossary.

SOPA Program Style Guide

SOPA Program Notes Template

SOPA Theatrical Weapons Use Statement

Useful Forms:
College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences forms - including:

  • Independent Study / Undergraduate Research course request
  • Authorization to Take Courses Elsewhere - must be completed for any course you intend to transfer back to your Virginia Tech transcript records
  • Change of Major and/or Minor
  • Request for Overload Registration - to register for more than 19 hours in one semester
  • Request to Change Course to Pass/Fail or A-F
  • Request to Apply Course Withdrawal Policy - for a course already completed
  • Request for Exam Time Change

For Force-Add forms or Change of Option forms, see Tammy Henderson or find them on the wall in Henderson Hall, next to room 246.
Force-Add forms also can be downloaded from this link.


Degree Checksheets - may be downloaded from each of the program area pages under Studying Music

Music Continuation Exam Form

Online Reservation system - for classrooms, rehearsals, meetings, and studio reservations
(available to SoPA faculty, staff, and students via VT Two-Factor Authentication (VT 2FA) access - account required)

Digital copies of performance recordings - may be requested through email from Barry Bowling.  Please be aware copies of recordings will not be available until they have been edited and mastered.

Operational and administrative resources - are available to Music faculty, staff, and students in the Internal Resources Area of our secure website 

Convocation schedule - for viewing the Convocation performance schedule and requesting performances

Automated Recital Salon recordings - can be scheduled and made available for download through/by applied teachers

Available Pianists for Hire

Recital Date Request Form

Recital Hearing Authorization Form

Submit Concert Program Information

Music Student Handbook 2016-2017

Health and Safety Guidelines for Musicians


Degree Checksheets (undergraduate) -
    May be downloaded from each of the program area pages under Studying Theatre 




For room reservations please email with the following information:

  • Requested Reservation Date(s)
  • Start Time
  • End Time
  • Requested Space (i.e. T201)
  • Class/Assignment/Professor related to the space request/need.
  1. Undergraduate theatre and cinema major/minor students reservable rooms include: T101, T201, and Henderson 302 (Ensemble Rm)
  2. Required 48 hour (2 day) notice to reserve a room.  We do not reserve rooms more than 4 weeks in advance.


Degree Checksheets -
    may be downloaded from each of the program area pages under Studying Cinema 



Equipment Checkout Procedures - contact Barry Bowling

For other College information, see:
College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences - Undergraduate Academic Affairs Office
    Rob Stephens, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs
    Karen Watson, Director of Academic Support

To make a gift to the School of Performing Arts visit the link below. Designate your gift to the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences. Once you select the College a secondary field will open and you may then designate the School of Performing Arts.

Make a Gift
load indicator