Welcome to the Student and Faculty Resources section of our website. Here you will find useful forms, links, and information.
VT Advising Handbook 18-19
A useful student handbook for academic questions: includes university policies, grades and processes, campus resources, and a handy glossary.
College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences forms - including:
- Independent Study / Undergraduate Research course request
- Authorization to Take Courses Elsewhere - must be completed for any course you intend to transfer back to your Virginia Tech transcript records
- Change of Major and/or Minor
- Request for Overload Registration - to register for more than 19 hours in one semester
- Request to Change Course to Pass/Fail or A-F
- Request to Apply Course Withdrawal Policy - for a course already completed
- Request for Exam Time Change
Degree Checksheets - may be downloaded from each of the program area pages under Studying Music
Online Reservation system - for classrooms, rehearsals, meetings, and studio reservations
(available to SoPA faculty, staff, and students via VT Two-Factor Authentication (VT 2FA) access - account required)
Digital copies of performance recordings - may be requested through email from Barry Bowling. Please be aware copies of recordings will not be available until they have been edited and mastered.
Operational and administrative resources - are available to Music faculty, staff, and students in the Internal Resources Area of our secure website
Convocation schedule - for viewing the Convocation performance schedule and requesting performances
Automated Recital Salon recordings - can be scheduled and made available for download through/by applied teachers
Degree Checksheets (undergraduate) -
May be downloaded from each of the program area pages under Studying Theatre
- Requested Reservation Date(s)
- Start Time
- End Time
- Requested Space (i.e. T201)
- Class/Assignment/Professor related to the space request/need.
- Undergraduate theatre and cinema major/minor students reservable rooms include: T101, T201, and Henderson 302 (Ensemble Rm)
- Required 48 hour (2 day) notice to reserve a room. We do not reserve rooms more than 4 weeks in advance.
Degree Checksheets -
may be downloaded from each of the program area pages under Studying Cinema
Equipment Checkout Procedures - contact Barry Bowling
For other College information, see:
College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences - Undergraduate Academic Affairs Office
Rob Stephens, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs
Karen Watson, Director of Academic Support