We provide students an education in the creation and understanding of theatre and cinema.
The faculty seeks, within the contexts of a Liberal Arts curriculum, to guide students towards taking responsibility for their own learning, developing self-discipline, committing to artistic integrity, and responding to changing conditions and possibilities of theatrical and cinematic expression.
To achieve this mission, the program includes:
• Classes, workshops, and laboratories in related literature, history, theory,and practice;
• A wide range of engagement for students in production in a variety of venues, forms, and purposes;
• Individual mentoring that addresses academic advising, artistic, personal, and professional issues;
• Support and encouragement for students to establish a personal set of skills, values, ethics, and vocabulary;
• Continued exploration in contemporary technology and varied media of expression; and
• An environment in which the learning needs of the students guide choices for the selection and creation of theatre and cinematic expression and the allocation of human, technical, and financial resources.
We are a jewel of a program nestled in a large, beautiful, and comprehensive campus with a long history of excellence in student education and training.
Ours is a very close-knit program and a dynamic community of artists, and we take pride in the low ratio of students to teachers (10:1). This combination offers students both personal identity and educational flexibility. As a result, our graduates express extraordinary satisfaction with their education.